Nagai Kenji’s lithographs are remarkably three dimensional, prompting many a viewer to believe they are collages, even upon a closer look. Graduating from Musashino Art University as an oil painter, he later became fascinated by prints and began specializing in lithography. His earlier life as a painter shows in his sprightly handling of tuche.
Nagai has exhibited in The Netherlands (where he also lived from 1988-1989 as a recipient of an art grant from the Japanese government), Serbia, Montenegro, Poland, Hong Kong, the United States, as well as Japan. Born in 1947, he is a native of Tokyo.
- Portland Art Museum, US
- Los Angeles County Museum (LACMA), US
- The Pushkin Museum of Fine Arts, Kalininglad Art Gallery, Russia
- Beoglad Modern Art Museum, Nish Modern Art Gallery, Serbia and Montenegro
- Koninglijke Academie van Beeldende Kunsten, Den Haag, the Netherlands
- Machida City Museum of Graphic Arts
- Musashino Art University Museum and Library, Japan
Other Artists in The Reingold Gallery Collection
Want to share this page on social media?Tweet